BTHM Bachelor of Tourism & Hotel Management
Duration: 3 Years (6 Semesters)
- Offer students with the opportunity to learn tourism and hotel management with all the advantages the students get in a government college
- Provide the students theoretical foundation, practical skills, exposure through industrial visits and on the job training required for tourism and hospitality careers.
- Make the students competent for employment in tourism and hospitality across the globe.
The BTHM degree program has the following components:
- Theoretical classroom sessions.
- Practical lab sessions to learn Food Production, F&B Service, Front Office, Housekeeping operations.
- Study tour in the 3nd year to learn about tour operations.
- Industrial visit.
- Industrial Exposure Training in 5 star hotels/resorts for 22 weeks in the 5th semester.
There are 23 core courses including 06 practical courses, 01 Training Report and a Project. The 4 complementary courses are connected to tourism and hospitality industry.
Bachelor of Tourism and Hotel Management Program Learning Outcomes Upon successful completion of the BTHM degree requirements, students will:
- Develop knowledge to interpret the fundamental principles of essential hospitality and tourism business functions.
- Demonstrate competencies in interpersonal communication and organizing skills.
- Develop self-esteem and a sense of self presentation.
- Demonstrate ability to work in various departments of Star hotels, resorts and restaurants.
- Demonstrate professional behavior and competencies in customer service.
- Demonstrate ability to work in travel and tourism industries.
HIGHER STUDIES OPTIONS
The students can go for various PG programmes like MBA (diff. streams), MTTM, MTHM, MHM, MSc Hotel Management & Catering Science, etc. in India and abroad.
CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIESStudents participate in industry- academic interactions such as
- Industrial Visit
- Study Tour
- Industrial Exposure Training (IET)