WOMEN EMPOWERMENT CELL
The women empowerment Cell will look after the welfare of the female students , facilitate redressal of their grievances and shall cater to the issues/ grievances concerning female students. Women Empowerment Cell will organize various programmes to ensure that wherever possible, the aspect of women’s development is promoted through these programmes and a components for women’s Empowerment is introduced in all the activities. Women Empowerment Cell would promote all round development of students of the college, through events, and health care awareness, family care assistance, training for skill formation etc.
FORMATION OF CELL :
For gender equality and gender justice in all its intervention and practices women grievance redressal cell was established under the Act No. 20 of 1990 Government of India . The cell is responsible for looking into any complaints filed by students and staff about women grievances at the college. According to the Hon. Supreme Court of India definition of sexual harassment is any unwelcome sexually determined behavior, such as;
- Physical contact and advances
- Demand or request for sexual favors
- Sexually colored remarks
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non verbal conduct of sexual nature
The function of the Cell are to purely safeguard the rights of the female students, faculty and staff members of women and also to provide a platform for listening to complaints. The Cell also tries to incorporate hygiene habit and ensure a healthy atmosphere in and around the college. It tries to equip them with the knowledge of their legal rights and redressal of their grievances. To facilitate speedy delivery of justice, meetings are organized regularly. The counselling Cell process oral and written complaints.
Time to time the Cell conducts seminars and talks by specialists and eminent personalities to stop violence against women, sexual harassment at work and about health, hygiene etc.
- To resolve issues pertaining to students sexual harassment.
- To equip the female students, faculty and staff members with knowledge of their legal rights.
- To safeguard the rights of female students, faculty and staff members.
- To provide a plateform for listening to complaints and redressal of grievances.
- To incorporate hygiene habits and ensure a healthy atmosphere in and around the college.
- To ensure personality along with academic development of students.
Students report their grievance to the Tutor/HoD/WEC
A member who feels that he or she has been harassed can also approach the WEC of our college.
Assistant Professor Of Urdu