The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) advocates the establishment of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) by all the accredited institutions as a post accreditation quality sustenance activity. The IQAC works in accordance with the guidelines issued by the UGC and acts as change agent in the college. The primary aim of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution. Dissemination of information of various quality parameters of higher education, documentation of the various programmes and activities leading to quality improvement of the college are some of the important functions of the IQAC. Read More
The primary aims of IQAC are
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
The college constituted IQAC as per order from DCE in 2019. Since then IQAC has been spearheading initiatives to improve internal quality. It has initiated a lot of steps to improve quality and brought in best practices to the college. Below are the most remarkable among them.
- ICT integrated instruction: Though some of the faculty members were using ICT tools in their teaching, it was not a collective phenomenon, and the college as whole did not have an ICT enabled teaching culture . At first IQAC proposed the initiatives to purchase and install facilities required. Later IQAC conducted workshops to train teachers using LMS, Online classes through Zoom/ Google Classroom, etc. preparing e-contents, preparing and editing video lessons, audio editing, sharing e-contents and integrating Google forms/sheets to educational practice.
The result was remarkably positive to the effect that there is no single faculty member who is not comfortable with using ICT tools. Now both the students and teachers have an academic culture of integrating ICT to teaching learning process in a large scale. Thanks to this, during Covid-19 lockdown days the college could easily survive academic challenges.
Standard Operating Procedure for the College: Being a new college, GASCK did not have Operating Procedure that covers the entire activities/functioning of the college. IQAC took up the task of preparing SOP to systematize the college functioning by the following steps:
- Listed all the common procedures related to the college functioning.
- sought College Council approved
- Necessary forms related to SOP are uploaded to the college website
- Distributed printed copy of SOP to all departments and college office
- Educated the college community through briefing sessions
- Displayed SOP for frequently required services on relevant places.